Message from Michelle Mifflin, DO – AzACOFP President
Dear Fellow Family Physician,
It was wonderful to be back in person for the AzACOFP Annual Meeting and convene with our osteopathic family physician colleagues!
Some of what we learned – and confirmed – over the past two plus years will remain with us as we “get back to normal” with our patients and peers.
- Telehealth is here to stay! Before the pandemic, Medicare patients needed to be physically located in a rural area to access telehealth services, shutting out urban and suburban patients from receiving the same benefits of virtual care. Changes in insurance coverages allow all patients to access telehealth services in their home.
- Our patients trust their primary care physician to lead their care. Family medicine physicians play a vital role in ensuring that patients have access to preventive care and disease-state treatment resources and coordinating referrals as necessary.
- Osteopathic principles and practices achieve the highest levels of health. Our distinctive osteopathic medical philosophy kept our patients in charge of their own health and emphasized lifestyle and behavioral approaches while avoiding the harms inherent in overtesting and polypharmacy.
The mission of the AzACOFP is to promote osteopathic family medicine, and to enhance osteopathic identity and distinctiveness in Arizona through education and service to the public and osteopathic medical profession. You state Society is here to be your voice here in Arizona and nationally.
But we need more Arizona osteopathic family physicians to join us. There is power in numbers and the more members we have the stronger and more supportive we can be for each other. We are a Specialized group of Physicians some employed, some self-employed and every one of us can make a difference, and it starts here locally. Renew your membership and bring a friend or two along with you. Dues are just $100 per year! Visit www.azacofp.org to learn more.
We want to hear from you. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
AzACOFP 2022 Annual Meeting
The 2022 Annual Meeting of the Arizona Society of the American College of Osteopathic Family Physicians was convened on Saturday, April 1, 2022 at the Embassy Suites by Hilton Scottsdale Resort.
Thank you to NovoNordisk for sponsoring the annual meeting and luncheon. The team from NovoNordisk, led by Gena Horn, also presented a non-CME informational presentation on Type-2 Diabetes treatment as part of the osteopathic family medicine agenda at the AOMA Annual Convention.
We were honored to have ACOFP President Bruce Williams, DO, FACOFP attend the meeting. Dr. Williams shared a report from the national organization including its focus on educating family physicians and osteopathic medical students on the latest therapies for HIV, Hepatitis B, and Diabetes. He complimented AzACOFP on its strength in leadership in Arizona and nationally.
Dr. Williams installed the 2022-2023 AzACOFP Executive Officers and Board of Directors.
President: Michelle Mifflin, DO
Immediate Past President: Anthony Dekker, DO, FACOFP
President Elect: Leigh Ann Costanzo, DO
Vice President: Danielle Barnett-Trapp, DO
Secretary/Treasurer: Kimberly Klatt, DO
Merima Bucaj, DO
Efren Cano, DO
Clinton Damron, DO
Sean Reeder, DO
Tuan Vo, DO
Loren Swanson, DO
If you are interested in serving on the AzACOFP Board of Directors, send an email with your interest to email@example.com.
AzACOFP-sponsored Lectures at AOMA Annual Convention
ACOFP Future Leaders Conference
Taking place June 16–18, 2022 at the Hilton San Diego Gaslamp Quarter in San Diego, California, the 2022 ACOFP Future Leaders Conference is designed for outstanding residents and physicians (who have been in practice five years or fewer) who are interested in achieving a greater awareness of their leadership style and its impact on their professional performance. The Future Leaders Conference creates a learning experience where attendees will participate in activities with the goal of:
- Maintaining and prioritizing personal balance
- Leading and managing change
- Understanding strengths and maximizing the talents of others
- Learning what influences leadership
- Connecting with peers and ACOFP leaders
The ACOFP Future Leaders Conference is a limited-registration event. Because of the community nature of this experience, participants must plan on being present for all activities. ACOFP will cover the registration, hotel and food expenses. Attendees are responsible for their transportation expenses. For more information, visit https://www.acofp.org.
Apply now at https://form.jotform.com/212034531778151
Registration is now open ACOFP Intensive Osteopathic Update.
New this year!
- Hands-on OMT sessions. There will be multiple opportunities to enhance your skills with OMT training, ranging from basic to advanced.
- In-person networking. IOU 2022 will feature increased opportunities and more time to make meaningful connections, including a Welcome Reception to kick off the event.
- On-demand access. To maximize your experience—and opportunity to earn CME—in-person attendees also receive on-demand access to didactic sessions you may have missed, available August 31
When: August 5 -7, 2022
Location: Rosemont, Illinois
Save when you register by May 13th! Go to https://www.acofp.org/acofpimis/Acofporg/Education_Online_Learning/Intensive_Osteopathic_Update_2022
The mission of the AzACOFP is to promote osteopathic family medicine, and to enhance osteopathic identity and distinctiveness in Arizona through education and service to the public and osteopathic medical profession.
Become an AzACOFP member. Visit www.azacofp.org/Join
Copyright © 2022 Arizona Society of the American College of Osteopathic Family Physicians, All rights reserved.
Our mailing address is:
1951 W. Camelback Rd., Suite 105
Phoenix, Arizona 85015