Advocacy Resource Center
Why Should I Care About Advocacy?
Policymakers play a critical role in determining the delivery, cost, and quality of healthcare provided by osteopathic physicians. In a typical legislative session in Arizona, legislators will consider legislation that can impact you in many ways:
- Availability of insurance and the cost of healthcare
- Scope of practice for non-physician healthcare providers
- Mandates on healthcare providers
- Payments to healthcare providers for government programs such as Medicaid
- Accessibility and affordability of healthcare education and post graduate training opportunities
- Liability of healthcare providers – rights of patients
- Patient safety and quality of care
- Technological advances such as electronic medical records
Advocacy is a vital component to advancing and protecting the best interests of osteopathic physicians and patients. By staying informed and getting involved, everyone can make a difference.
AOMA Advocacy News & Alerts
Click here if you are an AOMA member to sign up for timely and informative updates and alerts about the progress of important issues impacting osteopathic physicians and healthcare.
AOMA Legislative Reports – AOMA member login required
These reports provide important information to AOMA members about the Arizona legislative session, AOMA advocacy efforts, and how the newly enacted laws will impact the healthcare system.